Vancouver Home Buyer ABC’s

Back to Basics

Some Vancouver home buyers may need this refresher course in the ABC’s of mathematical logic.

Simple Logic

The origin of this principle is loosely premised on experiments conducted by Aristotle and Galileo. Applying their principles, your ability to buy a Vancouver home rests in a term mathematicians refer to as ‘simple logic.’

Proof of Contradiction

The formula is straightforward: A => B => C

The formula in long hand might read like this:

‘A’ is equal to or greater than ‘B’, where ‘B’ is equal to or greater than ‘C’.

Home Buying Application

• ‘A’ equals – “we want to buy a home”
  • ‘B’ equals – “we haven’t saved enough money”
  • ‘C’ equals – “we’re buying a home”

The Contradiction

Look at ‘B’. In doing so you make an observation. That observation tells you that ‘B’ – “not enough money”, contradicts ‘C’ – “we are buying a home”.

Put another way, not having enough money ‘B’, precludes the ability to purchase a home ‘C’. The simple logic of this formula concludes that ‘A’ – “we are going to buy a home”, is FALSE.

Inventive Financing

asalvari Says:
April 16th, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Larry

Are you saying that B->C step is not happening anymore? Banks are stopping it?

Makaya Says:
April 17th, 2012 at 8:52 am

@asalvari

What Larry is referring to is the dangerously growing subprime industry in Canada. Here is the article for you

April 17th, 2012 at 10:25 am

@makaya
don’t recall seeing or referring to that piece – thanks for pointing it out

Makaya Says:
April 17th, 2012 at 10:48 am

@Larry

“If you find a lender who is willing to help you with ‘B’ but does not use simple logic choosing instead to follow the “Inventive High Five WCDI” (We Can Do It) logic, be careful!”

Or maybe you were referring to cash back mortgages? Either way (subprime or cash back), these are, in my opinion, dangerous and foolish practices that people should avoid at any cost.

asalvari Says:
April 17th, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Larry

forgive me, I have to put it in simple form:

What are you talking about?

Just re-read the back and forth messages trying to call out what are you talking about… weird, isnt it ?

At one moment I had burst of laughs, reading the arguments pro and cons on what you were saying.

Bottom line is I don’t mind it.

However, have you ever considered how this can be interpreted by potential customers of yours?

April 17th, 2012 at 2:54 pm

@asalvari

“interpreted by potential customers of yours”

Sure, if Realtor experience is worth anything to anybody then this is advising people not to do something that will break their financial back in later years.

Would you expect anything less?

But you tell me, what would you tell them. Go ahead – finance yourself to the hilt and when rates change don’t call me?

No offense but I think you are making more of this than exists.

Makaya Says:
April 17th, 2012 at 4:14 pm

” this is advising people not to do something that will break their financial back in later years.”

Wise words…

asalvari Says:
April 17th, 2012 at 5:55 pm

“No offense but I think you are making more of this than exists.”

Do I?

I was referring to your writing style that is quite convoluted and difficult to understand. We had open contest on what you wrote and what you wanted to say.

Does your customers get same convoluted message, or you you have special clarity switch for them ? If yes, you may want to turn it on – there are potential customers reading your writings on this site too.

April 17th, 2012 at 6:20 pm

@asalvari

I can’t think of anyone who would say that I have a writing style but thanks I guess.

At the risk of repeating myself:

A: I want to buy a house.
B: I don’t have enough money.
C: That means I can’t buy a house.

Why?

Because “B” says I don’t have the money it follows then that “C” will apply. That in turn means that “A” can’t be achieved. In other words “A” becomes False.

As to the last part which Makaya added a notation – I presume there are possibly some lenders who might help out with “B” to make sure you have the money. All I’m saying is if that is the case be careful of the choice you make in respect of terms and rates.

Hope that helps cuz I’m moving on with or without style.