The New Twisted Christmas Vancouver Real Estate Card

Christmas Twist

Always on the lookout for drama, witnessed in the last couple of days was a news media frenzy of stories about the Vancouver Real Estate market’s turn to the dark side.

Don’t ask me why but all this news got me twisted and I starting thinking about Christmas.

Opportunity

The bad news told me that my income will probably suffer. That means that being a conservative belt tightener the Green Peace guy currently knocking on my door is now summarily out of luck.

However, I am ever the optimist and so I understand that opportunity abounds even in dark times. As such it seems appropriate to take advantage and follow a different strategy.

It occurred to me that there are only 171 days left on the calendar till Christmas 2012. Time enough I thought to create a new Christmas card I could sell and augment the budget should all the bad news prove true.

Twisted Card Launch

Seizing the moment it didn’t seem to early to devise a new Christmas card to reflect according to the prevailing news, the new Vancouver real estate paradigm. So it is then, that I am officially launching the new Twisted Christmas Real Estate card (see sample below).

Inside panels will have all your favorite and endearing warnings some of which include:

• I told YOU so!
  • Crash and Burn
  • And You Thought It Would Go On Forever
  • Vancouver Really is Different
  • It Couldn’t Happen Here
  • The Chinese Have Left the Building
  • Bought at The Peak eh!
  • If Only I Had Listened
  • You mean Carney’s Warnings Were Real?

Order Now In Time For Christmas

At $39.99 plus HST you will get 100 cards neatly wrapped in the cover sheet of a 40 year Mortgage document. Order by mail and guarantee your order will arrive in time by putting a stamp on the envelope and include the cash only payment.

We Make it Easy

There is no need to send a return address as your package will be forwarded to the most current address noted on Santa’s 2012 naughty and nice list.

SavoyOJ Says:
July 7th, 2012 at 12:37 am

Now you have me all excited about Christmas! Some of your slogans would make great bumper stickers too.

I hope your clients don’t make you suffer by over pricing their homes Larry. The sooner they sell the less they’ll lose. But like that old lawn mover you try to sell on eBay, it’s only worth what someone will pay.

trashy Says:
July 7th, 2012 at 3:44 am

I’ll start with a box of 100 “I told you so”s, cash is in the mail.

Awesome Larry!!!

vangrl Says:
July 7th, 2012 at 8:36 am

great!

I’ll take -“the Chinese have left the building”

and can you special order me some
“motivated seller” ones as well?

July 7th, 2012 at 8:55 am

@vangrl

Your business and continued interest is appreciated however, due to low demand the “motivated seller” version has been discontinued. 🙂

fish10 Says:
July 7th, 2012 at 9:19 am

LOL Larry!

How about these…

‘But..but…there’s no more land’

‘If only I had listed’

‘Pop’

July 7th, 2012 at 10:30 am

@fish

I was hoping that I could find one of those electronic things that get stuffed into cards that speak when you unfold the card. Unfortunately the supplier in China could not supply an English version. He had about 28,000 pieces of inventory (old 2008 stock I presumed), for which he would give me a very good price.

The problem for him it seemed was that sales of these add-in gadgets for the Twisted Christmas card were slow as the ones he had only spoke in Mandarin. Additionally, he wouldn’t warranty the product but he did his best to assure me (I don’t speak the language) that when opened the card would speak in Mandarin saying something to the effect of “Buy Vancouver Go Broke.” 🙂

Doh! Says:
July 7th, 2012 at 11:59 am

Thanks Larry,

I particularly like the Xmas tree housing price graph. Although, if the correction here is anything like the US or Japan, I think the start date should be moved back several years to something like 1999 or 2000.
Possibly, further back even then that.

Don’t wait to buy real estate, buy real estate and wait, then wait, then wait and wait and………..

The Japanese are still waiting thirty + years later.

DOH!

July 7th, 2012 at 12:52 pm

@Doh!

re: moving the date back

Well this is my card not yours.

However, upon reflection you might be more opportunistic than I. You can make your Christmas card even more dramatic and move your date back to the birth of Christ. That way it will multitask first as a Birthday card and second, as a Christmas card. Now that is value for money. 🙂

Vangrl Says:
July 7th, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Damn, I can’t believe there is not more demand for “motivated seller”…. poor motivated seller

The supplier in china should have had Cam Good translate those electronic things in his own voice, woulda been a hit!….. Cam is probably backpedaling in china right now, I’m sure he’d welcome the change of pace!

Adam Says:
July 7th, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Great stuff Larry. Can I get one that says:

“Prime – 1%? How can I turn that down. If interest rates drop another 2%, then my mortgage will be free!” (yes, I actually heard this one).

July 7th, 2012 at 9:29 pm

@adam

Better throw a few hundred extra in the envelope. Custom print orders carry a surcharge. Even $1000 should do it. Your friends will love you more when they get their unique Twisted Christmas card.