Dunbar Detached Home Market Snapshot

Dead Heat

Ups and downs in the real estate race for higher prices are inevitable during the course of a year. Dunbar’s average and median prices detached home prices though higher than the starting point, ended up in almost a dead heat.

Almost

Race cars Flickr Photo EcologyFlickr: Photo Ecology

Average and Median

http://www.yattermatters.com/wp/wp-login.php?action=logout&_wpnonce=5fe99815f7 )

Slow Sales Says:
March 15th, 2014 at 8:39 am

Larry, it appears March sales particularly SFH are way down, what the average for March? Currently about 40 sales Westside, me think gravity is taking hold to prices, remember things overshoot going up as well as down, so a deep slide is iminent? I have heard of 2 homes thatare being built for IIP are now to be listed for sale as they are now headed to California.Do I buy now or wait?

March 18th, 2014 at 2:40 pm

@slow
strange! I’m hearing about multiple offers

Dave Collins Says:
March 18th, 2014 at 8:16 pm

I don’t know how multiple offers translates into multiple sales. From what I’m hearing, sales are definitely down from a typical March. I wonder why…

March 18th, 2014 at 9:53 pm

@Dave,
On the surface they don’t but unsuccessful buyers in a multiple usually move on to choice #2

Minghui Says:
March 19th, 2014 at 9:41 am

I heard that from March 1 to 17th, miserably, there were only two sales in Dunbar neighborhood: one was sold for 1.5M and the other for 2.18M.

Could you please confirm?

March 19th, 2014 at 2:58 pm

@Minghui
3 sold $1.5M – $3.58M

Minghui Says:
March 21st, 2014 at 9:52 am

Thanks, Larry.

How many sales in first half of the month in Feb 2014 and Mar 2013 in Dunbar neighborhood? I guess the numbers are well above 3, don’t I?